Thursday, September 20, 2007

Nonsense Defense

Fearing for Israel - Ezra Klein

See, this must be one of those moments where my limited brain capacity fails me. If Israel has done everything it can militarily to defend itself and still faces an existential threat then it should act in a way that increases the likelihood of that threat materializing? I'm sorry, but that simply doesn't make much sense to me, or any sense at all in fact. Living in constant fear is not much of a life, in my opinion. So, taking that as a starting point what else can I do, once I've exhausted my self-defense options, to mitigate such fear? Oh, but wait, only weak-willed cowards try to talk to their neighbors while strong, hard men cower in the basement with their guns shouting, "come and get me!" Sorry, I forgot how the world works these days.

No comments: