Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Troubles from a Jeweler's Bench

I was supposed to go to the store yesterday, even though it was my day off. I was supposed to get that 18k white gold wire prepped for those earrings, and finish off another pair of 14k white gold earrings. And I was supposed to get started on manufacturing that platinum ring. I was supposed to, but the gods like their little jokes.
At least today we won't have our bull in the workshop as he's staying home again. It's always much more peaceful when he does. I can play a little Charlie Bird and Miles and perhaps some disco-punk in the afternoon to keep things chugging along. So much work to do in so little time. Plus, the boss and I need to get our act together on doing the GIA courses and get our certificates.
I plan on disappointing three customers today and ordering materials we can't really afford right now, but we need them anyway. Too much problem-solving and not enough fixing. And so it goes.