Monday, September 15, 2008

Lifting Up

I believe that it has almost been a week since I last even looked at this blog. Moving into a new apartment with your sister takes a lot out of you. All the while I've seen the stupidity of the McCain campaign ramble on, a strange ad by an oil interest group pointing out the untapped offshore reserves (all of which are in hurricane-prone areas) and Sen. Obama stir like a sleeping dragon. Oh, and I now understand what all the hype over HD TV is about.
The apartment is shaping up, after it shaped us up; I have bruises all up and down my arms. Still, my left ear is ringing and I haven't put my desktop back together so I don't have access to all my music. The comic boxes are all in place; still need to unpack my book boxes. The kitchen is stocked and soon enough the liquor cabinet will too.
For the moment, as you can imagine, new blog posts will come at a slow pace. The election is heating up though and I have two series of posts to map out about modern masculinity and consumer culture in America. The last two require a bit of research from me and I haven't read all of the material I need to yet. Plus I feel like stretching my wings a bit and being more random in what I post about. So stay tuned as vague promises of untold riches await your future.