Thursday, June 07, 2007

iHate

An iPhone Waiter - Ars Technica

This I find amazingly cool in a strange sort of way. I mean really, waiting in line for an iPhone? Yes, I know it will become the coolest phone on the face of the planet when it's released. And yes, I'd like one too. But unlike the Wii or the Playstation 3, you only have some many things you can do with a phone. A music player? A photo viewer? Mobile net and e-mail access? Yes these are great items but I'm not sure that I'd want to wait in line for something like this. I'm an early adopter but the effort one has to put into being on the bleeding edge of tech ownership is too much for me. For an item that is supposed to make my life easier I don't think expending a great deal of energy to acquire said item really makes all that much sense.

No comments: