Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Perfect Gifts and Invisible Cities


It's been a week since Christmas so I think I can actually say something about my gifts without sounding like an ass. Actually, it's one gift in particular that has my interest. She'll probably never top it as my sister got me the greatest gift ever: a Viewmaster with slide cards made by Vladimir of images taken from Italo Calvino's Invisible Cities. Perhaps my favorite book, Invisible Cities continues to enchant and even educate me to this day. What the artist Vladimir has done is render the images of the cities in surreal and sublime 3-d slides. Her Vladmaster and slides will probably become one of those things I look at to pitch my mind out of itself for a while when it gets too messy and full. I adore it, I adore the artist and I adore my sister for finding such a perfect gift.

No comments: